Forms of hosting services
A hosting solution applies to storing and/or sharing particular web content on a hosting server handled by a web hosting supplier. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's have a peek at these. Thus, you can choose what you want, depending on whether you'd like to create a web portal, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a service delivered by some hosts, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting solutions frequently include ads beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain span of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly twisted interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would assign the tasks at hand between separate packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web page hosting services (electronic mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a kind of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some distributors provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting variant is appropriate if you wish to share an enormous amount of images with mates or partners since the service is mostly free of charge. You will receive a random link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to managing your mail address accounts. Some providers provide website hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to launch a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a website, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can create mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a few videos and several hundred site visitors, you may have a hard time with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video will enable you to possess as many videos as you would like without hassling about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to have a website. To some degree, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and email box accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At 100WebSpace, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in one place. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the routine email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for specific web content exclusively.